r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: ForceBindIP functionality questions
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ForceBindIP functionality questions  (Read 7780 times)
my87csx481

« on: October 03, 2009, 11:05:15 pm »

I can not get ForceBindIP to work.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  I'm running XPx64, if that matters.

I need to have uTorrent use a specific network adapter/ISP, and Firefox and other apps to use another network adapter/ISP.

I currently use batch files:  route change 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 10.xxx.xxx.xxx to switch default gateways....which is not exactly doing what I need....but it's a somewhat effective workaround.  Can I use ForceBindIP to force utorrent to use one ISP (not the default gateway) and simply have all other traffic go through the default gateway by default?

Thanks for any help.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:35:35 am »

Unfortunately ForceBindIP won't work on 64 bit systems.
my87csx481

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:35:11 am »

Ok.  Thanks for the response.

Any suggestions for other possible solutions?

I think I will look into using a virtual machine and just run utorrent in there.  I prefer to not add another full-time running computer to the electricity bill.  I have enough of those now but, they're all 64-bit.

Thanks again.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 12:51:05 pm »

And if the question was the following ?

I'm running XP 32bit.
I need to have uTorrent use a specific network adapter/ISP, and Firefox and other apps to use another network adapter/ISP.
Can I use ForceBindIP to force utorrent to use one ISP (not the default gateway) and simply have all other traffic go through the default gateway by default ?

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:59:16 am »

I tired uTorrent with forcebindip a while ago but didn't have much luck... if the interface I bound it too went down, all the traffic went out of other interfaces.  Try azureus/Vuze which lets you bind to an interface internally.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 05:32:53 pm »

I tried Azureus and it works!! It is possible to choose interface to use with Azureus among all the available network interfaces. But now I ask: if Azureus can do this, why it is not possible with other programs ?
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 05:45:17 pm »

I ask: if Azureus can do this, why it is not possible with other programs ?
Ask the developers of those programs.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: ForceBindIP functionality questions
Jump to: