r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Hi-res models and anticheat
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi-res models and anticheat  (Read 15654 times)
Pinball

« on: August 20, 2010, 12:09:59 pm »

It seems that some of the high-resolution models that are available for quake2 are not allowed by anticheat and using these models results in a kick as soon as one connects to a anticheat protected server.
It seems that this is only the case for models which have modified tris.md2 files, if there were high quality models available which leave the tris files unmodified I'd use those instead. Unfortunately I was not able to find them and you can see for yourself how good these models look, and it kinda sucks to play without them so I was hoping for a solution.

For some reason the r_explode model, with modified tris, which I have been using for years for "smaller explosions" does not get me kicked, so my guess was that there might be a possibility to allow the hi-res models too.

Here's the pak: http://www.2shared.com/file/8pRoXLuC/models.html

* quake002.png (1299.16 KB, 1360x750 - viewed 735 times.)
mhanor

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:14:11 pm »

each anticheat enabled server has a list of accepted/not accepted files (skins, models, etc), so it's the job of the server admin to make the required modifications to allow new files

as a side note, I don't like the included blaster projectile, it looks ugly to me Smiley
WORM.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:04 pm »

..... so it's the job of the server admin to make the required modifications to allow new files...

No. It's the job of the player that wants to use non-standard models to contact the specific server admin and submit the models for review.
Pinball

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 08:46:28 am »

each anticheat enabled server has a list of accepted/not accepted files (skins, models, etc), so it's the job of the server admin to make the required modifications to allow new files

as a side note, I don't like the included blaster projectile, it looks ugly to me Smiley

K, thnx I wasn't sure that this was a server side issue,  could u elaborate the procedure to add files to the list of accepted files, does the admin like need to add an exception for each seperate file. I'm asking so I can convince the server admin more easily in case he refuses because he's too lazy or something Cheesy

And what blaster projectile are you referring too? I couldn't find any blaster in the screenshot nor did I see any projectile.
mhanor

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 09:35:51 am »

the admin knows how to do it

about the blaster projectile, fire the blaster or the hyperblaster and you'll see it
wision

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 07:24:51 am »

So you want admins to modify their hash check file every time somebody comes up with valid customized models? Not gonna happen tbh... but like you pointed out, some models are usually allowed to be changed
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Hi-res models and anticheat
Jump to: