r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Comodo Firewall and R1Q2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Comodo Firewall and R1Q2  (Read 13551 times)
Stargazer

« on: January 21, 2008, 05:36:15 pm »

I recently installed Comodo firewall and when I have R1Q2 running, the firewall reports that R1Q2 is doing something with the memory of xyz application. Scanning it I think. I'm on my work machine at the moment and can't get the exact message.  xyz application is just about any application that I run up while R1Q2 is running. Why would R1Q2 be looking at any other application? It makes me concerned that it is poking around where it doesn't belong.

Ken
Ken
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:40:18 pm »

At home now. The message says:

r1q2 is trying to access appxyz in memory. What would you like to do?

Th parent application that is accessing the target application in memory will allow the parent application to fully control the target application.

Why would r1q2 do that?

Ken
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:32 pm »

If you are using the anticheat module and playing on a protected server, this is just the scanning running applications to determine whether they are cheats or not. If you aren't using anticheat, something is very wrong as R1Q2 alone should never do this.
ken
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:38:56 pm »

Yes, I run anti-cheat. I've been reading a lot about security lately and it just made me a little paranoidjavascript:void(0);
grin
beedMync73

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:43:50 pm »

Ive been using for awhile-i switched to comodo from outpost-and i think its the best free firewall out
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Comodo Firewall and R1Q2
Jump to: