r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: net_ip problem
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: net_ip problem  (Read 4913 times)
AlexSG
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:39:25 am »

Hello,

I have a server with multiple IP's. I can use net_ip to set the server on the IP I would like it to use and it states in the console it is on that IP. But if I try to connect to that IP the server is not there. I can only connect to quake on the serverís primary IP. Am I doing something wrong?

I am running on windows 2003 with the latest dedicated.exe. I set exceptions on the firewall and also tried it with the firewall disabled.

Thanks
Bossman

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:21:51 am »

Do not use +set net_ip #.#.#.#
change it to +set ip #.#.#.#
QwazyWabbit

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:10:26 pm »

Bossman is correct. You should be using +set ip x.x.x.x on the command line for each server in order to bind that server to a particular IP.

+set ip x.x.x.x            to bind server to an IP address
+set port xxxxx          to bind server to a port other than 27910

Both of these must be in command line, not config file. Servers bound to different IP's can be bound to the same port numbers without conflict. Behavior behind NAT will be very different however, so this is not applicable for servers behind wideband routers.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:13:26 pm by QwazyWabbit » Logged
AlexSG
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 01:50:44 pm »

grin

Awesome! Thanks to both of you! I will change my command line to use set ip. I love this old game. It is going to be nice to play again.  I actually found my old v3.14 cd shocked

And thanks Rich for the SWEEEET job you have done with this classic. And fixing my favorite mod Lithium2 tops it off! Maybe the server wont crash with High Scores anymore. You rock my friend.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  Topic: net_ip problem
Jump to: