r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: R1GL Display Problem in Quake2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: R1GL Display Problem in Quake2  (Read 4221 times)
Careless

« on: December 17, 2008, 06:34:08 pm »

Hi there,

I run quake2 always from r1q2.exe. When my vid_ref is  r1gl, I have all particles available in quake 2. By means of particles here, you know, when you fire rocket launcher there are bubbles, particles around  it. Also the same  with any other weapon, railgun, blaster,chaingun, particles are pretty big.
With the  same config, when I run the  game with r1q2.exe again but when the vid_ref is gl, I do not have those particles that big I mean the display is nicer. I do know that I have necessary commands written in my config and I do use the  same config at least I do not change it unless R1GL change my config.
Is there any solution to this problem? I have no problem using vid_ref "gl" but when I do that once in a while, quake 2 freezes for 1 -2 second and this happens on and off during combat or movements online. That is  why I would like to stick with vid_ref "r1gl" but those particles really bother me and it also blocks my vision in quake 2.
Any suggestion why I am having this problem with r1gl?
Thank you

R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:34:29 pm »

What video card?
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: R1GL Display Problem in Quake2
Jump to: