r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  r1dll / foobar2000 plugins  |  Topic: PERMANENTLY deleting Foobar2000
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PERMANENTLY deleting Foobar2000  (Read 11424 times)
rebeccaw
« on: April 11, 2005, 11:06:23 pm »

My roomate downloaded foobar2000.  For various reasons (I already have two music programs and he needs to stop being download happy on my frigging computer) I have deleted foobar2000. I have deleted it now four times and it has magically reappared each and every time a few days or the next day. My roomate swears he has not downloaded it again and the foobar2000 website has literally no contact information.
I have done a file search and deleted all references but am unsure as to where it is hiding or how to get rid of it permenantly. The fact that it wont just die has removed any desire whatsoever to appreciate this program. It now creeps me out.
All help is appreciated.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 11:20:26 pm »

Either you have some kind of system backup software running or your roommate is reinstalling it. foobar2000 is a well behaved piece of software, it won't exhibit any kind of nasty installation tactics like you describe. However if you downloaded an installer from an unofficial website there's no telling what else might be bundled along with it - perhaps some adware that is part of the install is "repairing" foobar2000. If you still have problems, try the official foobar2000 forum at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  r1dll / foobar2000 plugins  |  Topic: PERMANENTLY deleting Foobar2000
Jump to: