r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: OpenTDM Suggestions
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Print
Author Topic: OpenTDM Suggestions  (Read 102057 times)
R1CH
Administrator

« on: February 09, 2007, 10:05:49 am »

Due to the closed source nature of both popular TDM mods and recently discovered security vulnerabilities in OSP tourney, I'm considering starting OpenTDM, an open source team deathmatch / 1v1 mod. Please suggest what you would want to see in such a mod, obviously not everything in battle or OSP is really used all that much, so rather than clone a bunch of unneeded features, post what you would want out of such a mod.
Revo

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 10:18:50 am »

Sounds really good  smiley

The same vote-commands as in battle would be nice since the voting system in OSP sucks. (tp, tl, fl, mode, powerups, bfg, map)
I don't know if a config-vote would be necessary since you can build that into the mode-cmd?

Anyways that's the cmds that are the most important ones I guess.
[BTF]adam
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:22:21 am »

team/score etc just like OSP, not battle! I hate how battle looks ;\
zbone

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:22:52 am »

I didn't play battle mod a lot so I will talk as admin and player for tdm ans OSP tourney mods:
From tdm:
-voting system
-hand 3
-warmup and pregame
-scoretable
-special messages used with "say" and "say_team"
-referee controls
-event messages

From OSP:
-ngStats logging
-flexible cfg system

Additional Features
-enemy skins/models, forced skins/models
-configurable HUD
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:05:41 am by zbone » Logged
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:30:04 am »

Wait, someone actually uses ngStats?
Snake

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:27 am »

For our servers the most important options are (at first glance):
weapons have, initial weapon, initial items/health/ammo, max armor/health/ammo, which weapon/item is allowed on map (ie all 0 for instagib), amount of damage weapons do, vote system (options/maps).

We do not, or rarely, use: teamplay options, rune options, their custom stats logs, hook settings, although they are probably vital for others.

And there are many options/features that we are hardly aware we use, but would miss (ie respawn delays/forced, hook options, keep score when getting disconnected, etc).

The tourney scoreboard at end of map was one important reason to move an instagib server from Lithium to Tourney. A nice custom addition would be configurable map end sounds.. that xian.wav does get boring, and now the only option is to binary edit the .so Smiley
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 10:44:35 am »

Hook has no business in TDM!
zbone

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 10:47:57 am »

Wait, someone actually uses ngStats?
Me. More detailed in irc pm :]
zorg

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 10:59:21 am »

- multiple server configs (like in OSP), so you can switch gamemodes (instagib, duel, tdm, ffa, ...)
Maybe, there is also a solution to do this without execing new configs ingame.
What about defining gamemodes with cvars?

- big numbers for teamscores, like in battle (easier to see if your team is leading or not)

- maybe highscore tables (saved on server to record top scorers)

- accuracy records for weapons on each match

- has been mentioned above:
* weapon in hand on respawn (usefull for warmup and instagib for example)
* allowed weapons and items/powerups
* cvars for weapon damage

- maxplayers for each team

- ghostcodes (like in gloom) to restore your score and team, if you crash/lag out/disconnect in a match.
This could be realized on playerside with a cvar, so no one forgets his code. Server has to record, which player is allowed to join ingame, once a match has started.

- lock teams on match start and possibility to pick players (as teamcaptain) from observers

- teamname and model/skin

- forced demos and endgame screenshots (players, referees)

- defineable timeouts and their lengths

- defineable maplists for each gamemode (duel needs other maps than tdm for example)

- used MUCH for league/cup games: "ingame TV".  But maybe this is not the purpose of the mod itself.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:18:20 am by zorg » Logged
Gravgon

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 12:23:40 pm »

- Vote kick players
- A way to vote the type of overtime/sudden death mode if the game finishes with a tie
- Possibility to see which player the spectator observe (like on battle and TDM)
- Same layout as OSP for the score table (Too few informations on battle mod, too many on TDM mod imo)

That's all I can think of for now Smiley
v3non

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 02:25:17 pm »

http://www.tdm.glt.pl
wision

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 02:31:39 pm »

vote (vote menu woud be great): timelimit, fraglimit, map, quad, invul, bfg, config, team/self damage, player kicking, over-time, sudden death, voting enabled during the match

on screen: player score, team score, enemy team score, time-left, fraglimit.. i prefer TDM mod like screen (big player score), but time-left is too small :<

before match: show matchinfo during countdown, TDM like warmup mode

during match: when player is dropped, keep his scores etc.. ability to see which player is observer spectating

after match: show accuracy/scores in console (TDM stats/accuracy is imo the best), keep scores after match (again TDM style.. when i press score once, i see old score and when i press score 2nd time, i see actual teams <battle sucks, coz you can't see teams>)... if players disconnects before the end, show his scores too

teams: lock/unlock team, captain, pick/kick players, keep players/lock status/captain after the end of the match

gameplay: ITDM settings (removable weapons, railgun damage, turn off weapon drops, starting weapon)

i'm sure i forgot many things.. but this is what i'd like to see in TDM mod
OmnificienT
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 03:07:41 pm »

In normal game, if you are browsing all the vote menus they dissappear; this is quite annoying. Maybe that the menus could be made independent of the player being killed or not.
zbone

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 03:29:53 pm »

And? Smiley
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 04:22:43 pm »

This is also closed source which does not allow any new features or bug fixes to be added. I'd want to start from scratch anyway so I know it's well-designed from the ground up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  R1Q2  |  OpenTDM  |  Topic: OpenTDM Suggestions
Jump to: