r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: modified models
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Print
Author Topic: modified models  (Read 15254 times)
ef|da^wd
« on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:56 am »

Hi r1ch.
I've been downloaded high quality model pak from there: http://q2tdpm.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=798&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
and when i'm connecting to the anticheat servers i've got the message that i have not valid models (or shit like that Smiley ). and then most of them just kicking me  cry. So is it possible to fix this issue without these models removing? or no? TIA
Snake

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 11:13:40 am »

R1CH can't help you with that, you will have to let the serveradmins of the servers you play on approve the pak. They decide which models are valid for their server.

Thanks for the URL, I'll have a look for our servers Smiley
wision

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 12:20:08 pm »

i really don't think that adding new and new models' hashes is good idea.. later it will become messy and not every server will accept every custom model... and after that, when you see somebody with modified models, he could say that server doesn't know his custom (spiked) models...
stick with 'clean' quake 2 please..
ef|da^wd
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »

maybe i'm moron...but i don't undrsnd why sound files/textures/skins are valid in any case...but models are not  evil
ef|da^wd
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:02:30 pm »

i really don't think that adding new and new models' hashes is good idea.. later it will become messy and not every server will accept every custom model... and after that, when you see somebody with modified models, he could say that server doesn't know his custom (spiked) models...
stick with 'clean' quake 2 please..
Does clean q2 means default skins? I'm sure not....I think it's not good idea to check models in pak, i don't see any ways how to cheat with them to be honest
shovel

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 02:14:03 pm »

have you ever seen nosepaks or spikepaks, they are spiked player and weapon models that have long colored spikes coming from them that can be seen before the player can be seen. They are very much cheats.
ef|da^wd
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 03:12:17 pm »

have you ever seen nosepaks or spikepaks, they are spiked player and weapon models that have long colored spikes coming from them that can be seen before the player can be seen. They are very much cheats.
never seen these models before....it's a kind of freak i guess.
whatever i think these kind of models which i have must be valid Smiley
ef|da^wd
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 03:14:37 pm »

but still open question about non standar textures...am i correct that it's no problem to replace default to the half-transparent 4 example?
ef|da^wd

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 03:18:19 pm »

i've decided to register here...i think it could be helpful....
wision

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:22 pm »

i'm not q2 mapper but afaik if there is some solid wall (without transparency), it's impossible to make it transparent with a texture...
back to sounds/skins/textures... q2 is customizable and ppl like it that way (me too).. so servers are checking only models (textures/skins are harmless <cheatless>)
Snake

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 04:19:26 pm »

so servers are checking only models

Some servers, maybe. Other servers check for quite a bit more.
ef|da^wd

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 05:07:55 am »

actually i was thinking thinking that model checking performing by R1Ch's anticheat server, not q2 local admin server...or I'm mistaken?
Snake

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:33:01 am »

Correct.. anticheat server combined with anticheat dll does the actual checking of your files against a list of allowed files.

But.. the Q2 server operator decides which files are in that list. R1CH does not decide which files should be allowed (with a few exceptions). So.. as I said in my first reply to you, contact the admin of the server(s) you play on, and ask them politely if they are willing to allow your hi-res pak.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 06:44:54 am »

Snake is correct, it is up to each Q2 server admin to choose which models they allow and disallow. The anticheat server by itself only does some very basic checks to stop known spiked models, which should not be relied upon to stop all variations.
ef|da^wd

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:56:12 am »

Correct.. anticheat server combined with anticheat dll does the actual checking of your files against a list of allowed files.

But.. the Q2 server operator decides which files are in that list. R1CH does not decide which files should be allowed (with a few exceptions). So.. as I said in my first reply to you, contact the admin of the server(s) you play on, and ask them politely if they are willing to allow your hi-res pak.
Thanks a lot for your explanation Smiley
But i'd like also to understand is it possible to make these models valid? Is it to hard for R1CH? If i'm not mistaken in this case my issue will be closed
TIA
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 06:59:16 am »

As Snake has stated, the server admin decides what files are valid, not me. Send them to the server admin of the server you're having problems with or if you want to allow them on your own server, make sure you have created hashes for them and added them to your anticheat-hashes.txt, the process is described in full detail in the server admin forum.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: modified models
Jump to: