r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Problems with AntiCheat
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Problems with AntiCheat  (Read 6846 times)
Teo

« on: December 16, 2009, 06:56:29 am »

I am having a problem with Anti Cheat. Well, I've got all R1Q2-related files in my Quake II folder, and I have always used R1Q2 and when I run on the R1Q2 Updater, it says that everything is up-to-date and installed (excluding the Linux and Win32 Dedicated Server files, since I don't need them), and the files I have include R1Q2, R1GL and Anticheat. However, when I enter a server which forces anticheat, it kicks me out and says that I don't have an anticheat module, but I do have anticheat.dll in my Quake II folder... What is the problem?
And I think I know what might be the problem - either Firewall or my NOD32 Anti-Virus program is blocking it or something. I wondered, how to add a file/folder to the Exception List of NOD32?
Thanks in advance!
Ace
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:02:24 pm »

I am having the same problem, I even used update for anticheat and it still says its not in here... and its not a antivirus problem or firewall problem I am sure of that!
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »

If the updater is saying the file is missing, then something is blocking access to it. Despite what you may think, your anti-virus is probably the problem. Some AV requires a complete uninstall to disable completely. Make sure your Q2 folder is in any exceptions list in your anti-virus. Make sure your AV didn't quarantine the anticheat.dll too, try re-downloading from http://antiche.at/
Teo

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:12:51 am »

I wondered, how to add a file/folder to the Exception List of NOD32?
mhanor

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 01:46:16 pm »

always consult the available documentation
also, searching on google is not that hard

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2153
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Anticheat  |  Topic: Problems with AntiCheat
Jump to: