r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: problem with ftrace
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: problem with ftrace  (Read 6025 times)
Anonymous
« on: October 14, 2003, 03:16:29 pm »

I'm not getting the expected behavior from ftrace and the -u switch.  Using the analyxer from www.polito.it, I've looked at the packets generated with the -u switch and the TTL value seems to always be 128.  The -t switch does not seem to have any effect on the TTL value.  Without the -u switch, the TTL values are as expected.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 01:16:21 am »

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll look into it when I get my network card to behave with winpcap...
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 10:24:01 am »

Part of the problem may be with Windows XP's access to raw sockets. A few observations I have made while trying to get dsniff to work under Windows XP that may apply here:
- Winpcap 3.0 is needed. Winpcap 3.1 beta 3 and beta 4 do not work under Windows XP Home or Pro (for dsniff)
- Windows XP Home service pack 1 and Windows XP Pro service pack 2 require binding the adapter to dsniff. The adapter identity string may be found by running Ethereal. In Capture/Start, use the information to the right of \device. I do not know any way to bind the adapter in ftrace. I do not know what is reqired in XP Pro service pack 1 or XP Home service pack 2.
Hope this is more help than harm.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  Other Projects  |  Topic: problem with ftrace
Jump to: