r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  r1dll / foobar2000 plugins  |  Topic: Connection Between Foobar\mIRC ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Connection Between Foobar\mIRC ?  (Read 16064 times)
chaosblade

« on: June 14, 2005, 07:51:51 am »

Hi r1ch, we've talked before on email if you remember.

I am interested to know how to link the two applications, as i have done working foobar plugins before (to simply access the now-playing track info metadata), and i have done various mIRC dll's aswell.

As far as i can tell, COM would be involved, which is an ugly method by all means. What did you use ? Perheps you can offer a method that is less troublesome to use.

Regards,

ChaosBlade.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 08:17:20 am »

mIRC supports invoking DLLs (mirc->app) and also supports DDE (app->mirc). These are two of the main ways used by pretty much anything, no COM involved.
chaosblade

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 10:09:40 am »

The invocation of dll's is a problem, since i need two dlls anyway - one as a foobar plugin that gets the info using the SDK, and the other is the mIRC invoked DLL - and i have to connect the two somehow. This would result in two different processes, so im not sure how this can help.
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:38:48 pm »

You can use DDE from a DLL to interface with mIRC.
chaosblade

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:34:40 pm »

Sounds interesting enough, Though that would be one-sided, meaning i would have to react on every song change in foobar, and store it in mirc, or something similar.

Im trying to create a more.. on-the-fly connection, to to able to retrieve foobar now-playing info whenever requested from mIRC. Any other suggestions, Perheps ?

Anything would be welcome.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  r1dll / foobar2000 plugins  |  Topic: Connection Between Foobar\mIRC ?
Jump to: