r1ch.net forums
* Home Help Search Login Register
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  r1dll / foobar2000 plugins  |  Topic: display title of tracks in trillian
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: display title of tracks in trillian  (Read 15935 times)
spoOn

« on: October 22, 2005, 09:02:40 am »

i want2 display the track in foobar2k that i listen2 @the mom in my trillian message window.
is this possible with this plugin?
i always get the message (if foobar2k is running):
playlist check: Cerulean Studios Band - The Empty Song

this looks like trillian blocks it... (fyi Cerulean Studios is the name of the company of trillian)

but if foobar isn't running @time, i get this message:
playlist check: Winamp not started

thats normal....

So actually, the plugin works 4me, but it can't get the real name of the track (running in foobar2k)   undecided
someone can help me?  smiley thx
Null

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:13:27 am »

I have the same exact problem

I think what happends is the winamp plug-in wants to do everything by playlists.., seeing as it can't get any playlist stuff at all, it can't get the song..

what I mean is, the plug-in gets an amount of the playlist and if you tell it to get 0 playlist tracks, it still gets one part of the playlist, the current track, and rather then getting the track name the normal way by looking at the winamp window.., it just uses the playlist information is already got

since the winamp_spam plug-in doesn't support anything to do with playlists, your not going to be able to get the track or anything

hopefully the author will include playlist support in a later plug-in, he has already said he will work on in this topic
http://www.r1ch.net/forum/index.php?topic=97.0

and thank you (the author) for the time you have already put into this, it would be nice to have playlist support and everything, but control is my major concern.., if it werent for this plug-in, I'd be stuck using winamp still

Null
spoOn

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 07:04:42 am »

big THX2u Null!  wink

and thank you (the author) for the time you have already put into this, it would be nice to have playlist support and everything, but control is my major concern.., if it werent for this plug-in, I'd be stuck using winamp still

same opinion!  grin
Null

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 05:14:09 pm »

now, I am just confused...

all of a sudden trillian can get the playlist from foobar..., tho it doesn't know when to reload it so it really doesn't help, but if I want to.., I can hit Refresh playlist on Trillian and it will get my playlist and then it will know which track I'm on...

so, something still needs to be done so that Trillian knows when a new track has started or something..

I know the playlist thing didn't work before though..., so I am at a complete loss to why its working now...
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9799/foobartrillian3dc.jpg
*shrug*
R1CH
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 05:31:53 pm »

The original winamp API had no way to notify programs that a track had changed. So trillian just needs to keep checking to see if the track has changed, and if so, update the display. I guess however that this isn't configurable... either way, the foo_winamp_spam updates the 'fake' winamp title every time a track change occurs, so I don't know why you're getting the behaviour you describe.
Pages: [1]
Print
r1ch.net  |  r1ch.net stuff  |  r1dll / foobar2000 plugins  |  Topic: display title of tracks in trillian
Jump to: